Wednesday 22 May 2013

Illustration project

For the illustration project I wanted to do something slightly different to the usual illustrator work. The brief was to design 3 posters using 3 different lines from a Poem or Book and use turn it into imagery. I chose to do Lord Of The Rings as its one of my favourite stories. This being quite a dark book, i decided to look into artist Dan Mumford as he has such an inspirational style to his work.

                                                               Dan Mumford's work

He uses a wacom tablet to its full potential using black and white space very well to creat such an atmospheric piece of art.
I wanted to adapt his style and way of thought and incorporate my style to create a series of artwork that suites the book.

The three lines I chose were:

- Three Rings For The Elven-Kings Under The Sky
- One For The Dark Lord on His Dark Throne
- Nine For Mortal Men Doomed To Die

I deicded to use a mixture of Wacom Tablet and Photoshop effects and techniques.

Here's my outcomes:




Really really chuffed with how these came out, i have never tried anything like this before and most defiantly will be working on this style of graphics to improve on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment